We represent investors, developers, and facility operators in strategic and tactical capacities. Our investor clients are largely institutional and include mortgage lenders, equity investors, foundations, and other tax-exempt organizations. We also represent individuals who invest in real estate, and advise clients who are not primarily in real estate but who have significant real estate investments. Investor client representations include:
- Representation of a private commercial mortgage portfolio in all aspects of loan originations, modifications and foreclosures.
- Representation of several family real estate investment portfolios in acquisitions, dispositions, timing, and leasing transactions.
- Representation of land speculators in simultaneous purchase/resale and financing transactions and multiple acquisitions for simultaneous resale.
Our development practice involves us in development planning, land acquisition and disposition, local government relations, financing, entitlement negotiations, capital formation efforts, partnership formation and dissolution, ground leasing, and other transactions generated in the development pipeline. Developer client representations include:
- Representation of several single-family subdivision developers.
- Representation of hotel developers.
We also represent facility operators in land use and transactional contexts. Our clients involve us in complex leasing, purchasing, synthetic leasing, and financing transactions that impact industrial or commercial land use; out-of-the-ordinary due diligence involving particular liability concerns or complex ownership structures; and resolution of real estate disputes. Facility operator representations include:
- Representation of hotel/motel operators in loan modification transactions and operational issues.
- Representation of major processing chip manufacturer.
Oil and Gas
Our attorneys represent large and small oil and gas businesses in financing and acquisitions, including energy project finance, both debt and equity, farm-ins and exploration joint ventures covering large prospect areas, producing property acquisitions, and acquisitions of processing plants and other facilities.
We also serve several independent companies in their on-going day-to-day transactions concerning leases, operating agreements, contracts to sell oil or gas, and pooling and unitization agreements.
- Represented various independent producer groups in multiple sales of Barnett Shale assets, including sales from six figures to those in excess of nine-figures.
- Represent lessee group assembling Barnett Shale leases in urban areas.
- Numerous representations of landowners and homeowners groups as lessors of Barnett Shale leases.
- Represented an independent producer in mortgage financing of various East Texas mineral interests.
- Represented an independent producer in the farm-out of various Permian Basin mineral interests and in the contribution of client's retained interests for stock issued and simultaneously resold in subsequent public offering.
- Represented an independent producer in joint development and joint exploration agreements in the Sleeping Giant Prospect in the Williston Basin.
- Represented an Australian public company in acquisition of 1,850,000 acres of mineral licenses in the Province of Quebec.
For more information please contact:
Related Practice Areas:
Not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Certification except as noted.